We’re excited about Mountain View’s plans to add 5,000 housing units in the East Whisman neighborhood as part of its long-term East Whisman Precise Plan. Please join us to advocate for more housing at the next Mountain View City Council meeting, where the plan is on the agenda:
When: Tuesday June 25th at 6:30 p.m.
Where: Council Chambers, 500 Castro St., Mountain View, CA
What: We love that the East Whisman Precise Plan:
- Creates more homes in our community
- Considers the jobs/home imbalance here on the peninsula and works to nearly balance out the new jobs it will create
- Encourages alternative methods of transit, including pedestrian access, light rail, and bike infrastructure
- Includes space for stores and services serving the neighborhood, and policies to enable space for schools
- Is very close to many local offices, allowing workers there to go car-free — with the added benefit of reducing traffic and emissions for all residents of the area
- Thanks to the transit-oriented planning above, allows more space to be used for housing instead of idle cars and parking
We want to voice our support for the new housing stock as well the project’s effort to reduce reliance on cars!
A map from the city’s detailed Precise Plan is below. Please join us in support on Tuesday!
Can’t make it to the meeting? Voice your support by email or phone to the Planning Department:
Phone: (650) 903-6306